We are a qualifying employer for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness program. Learn more here.
Certified Medication Aide
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepare for patient visit, checking vitals, patient histories, rooming & discharging patients.
- Perform vaccinations, injections, medication instruction, flu testing and assist with in-office procedures.
- Carry out orders under the direction of the Provider (MD, PA, or APRN).
- Update clinical notes in electronic system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
Certified Medication Aide or the ability to earn certification within three months.
- BLS certification or ability to earn certification within three months.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Previous medical assisting experience.
- Clinical experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Patient Centered Medical Home & Meaningful Use.