Good Neighbor Community Health Center (Columbus) and GN Fremont are primary health care clinics that offer a wide variety of services, including family and general practice medicine, pediatrics, OB/GYN care, dentistry and behavioral health. We are located together to better serve our patients, offering them a "one-stop shop" for their healthcare needs. Good Neighbor Community Health Center and Good Neighbor Fremont are both federally qualified community health centers (FQHC). FQHC is a federal designation given by the Bureau of Primary Health Care at the federal Department of Health and Human Services. FQHCs are located in, or serve, a federally designated medically underserved area/population. In 2020, Good Neighbor Community Health Centers cared for 10,978 patients from more than 45 zip codes.
Good Neighbor Community Health Center and Good Neighbor Fremont employ a variety of clinicians, nurses and other staff to provide high-quality, patient-centered care to under-served individuals and families in our cross-cultural, primary care settings. Bilingual language skills (English/Spanish) are a plus.
In addition to a competitive salary, employees who work a minimum of 30 hours a week are eligible for benefits. Coverage begins on the first of the month after their hire date.
Our current job openings are listed below. You can also find a summary of benefits, and access our easy Application for Employment.
Help make a difference in the life and health of your community! Come join our team!
We are a qualifying employer for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness program. Learn more here.
Chief Financial Officer
1. Interact with management staff in developing the strategic plan and its financial component.
2. Oversee and directs budgeting, audit, tax, accounting, purchasing, long-range forecasting, and insurance activities for the Agency.
3. Evaluate the Agency’s financial position and issues periodic reports on Agency’s financial stability, liquidity, and growth.
4. Develop and implements financial polices and procedures and ensures compliance.
5. Assure implantation of internal controls and generally accepted accounting procedures accounting.
6. Supervise the analysis of cost and makes rate recommendations to ensure appropriate income/cash flow.
7. Assist in the preparation of the annual budget as well as individual grant budgets and reports. Ensure expenditures adhere to legal and budgetary requirements.
8. Oversee and directs the preparation and issuance of the Agency’s annual tax and other reports.
9. Prepare financial and statistical reports required by the CEO, Board of Directors, Senior Management Team, and State/Federal regulations and program requirements.
10. Ensure all insurance coverages’ including directors and officers, malpractice, general property, etc. are in place every year.
11. Coordinate with other departments planning for short- and long-range fiscal needs and insures that expenditures adhere to legal and budgetary requirements.
12. Oversee the recruitment, supervision, training, and evaluation of the Finance department staff.
13. Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Healthcare Administration
- Business or equivalent work experience required.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance preferred
• Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and nonprofit accounting standards.
• Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve objectives.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including but not limited to Excel, Word, Outlook and MIP/Abila software.
• Ability to work well with individuals of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, and intellectual backgrounds.
• Current CPA licensure.
• Previous experience working in a hospital, clinic or physician’s office preferred.
• Experience with electronic health records, claims, claims processing software, automated and billing systems.
• Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and in small groups to employees and the public.
• Bi-lingual preferred.
This position supervises the Accounting, Billing, and Purchasing departments.