Why Good Neighbor?
Good Neighbor employees are proud knowing that they are making a difference to the thousands of underserved patients who depend on Good Neighbor to be their primary healthcare providers. Together, in 2020, Good Neighbor clinics in Columbus and Fremont provided health care services to over 10,000 people from 45 zip codes.
Whether your job is scheduling appointments, providing clinical care, driving patients to and from appointments, or helping someone navigate the ins and outs of the healthcare marketplace, at Good Neighbor, your work matters!
Our Medical, Dental, and Behavioral Health clinics strive each day to offer every patient an experience that is patient-centered, culturally competent, and respectful. We use the diverse strengths and experience of our workforce team to provide the excellent patient care our patients expect and deserve.
Working at Good Neighbor provides the benefit of knowing you made a difference to someone everyday.
But our benefits don't stop there.
In addition to a competitive salary, employees who work a minimum of 30 hours a week are eligible for benefits. Coverage begins on the first of the month after their hire date.
Our current job openings are listed below. You can also access our easy Application for Employment.
Help make a difference in the life and health of your community! Come join our team!
We are a qualifying employer for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness program. Learn more here.
Family Nurse Practitioner
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide primary care services to patients.
- Perform initial examinations, including obtaining, recording and evaluating health and psychosocial history.
- Perform appropriate health assessment procedures including, but not limited to evaluation of the heart, lungs, thyroid, abdomen, and breast.
- Assess and address the patients’ health care concerns and needs.
- Orders and administers diagnostic tests as needed and appropriate.
- Communicates results of diagnostic tests to patients and their families appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Instructs clients in the use of all medication and/or treatments including safety, effectiveness, possible side effects, complications, danger signs, etc.
- Follow clinical policy and protocols for the performance of activities related to initiation or modification of medical therapeutic regime.
- Provide counseling, teaching, instruction and/or appropriate referrals to patients about health care needs.
- Assures complete and accurate documentation and review of patient records in a timely manner to assure quality of care.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient information.
- Conduct/participate in medical education sessions for professional, community, and client groups as requested.
- Participate as requested in Quality Assurance/Improvement initiatives, and administrative processes.
- Maintain professional expertise through continuing education as required by state licensure board.
- Keep abreast of new information and materials by reviewing clearinghouse information, newsletters, and periodicals.
- Follows all federal, state, and nursing guidelines, regulations and standards and adhere to the minimum guidelines for federally funded programs including expectations for patient access and quality initiatives.
- Works collaboratively with other providers to assure access and coverage for the clinic’s patients.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Masters Degree from an accredited school of Advanced Nursing Practice.
- Must adhere to Advanced Nursing Practice Code of Ethics.
- Clear and unrestricted State of Nebraska APRN License required.
- DEA license required
- Active NPI required
Experience in the field of nursing required. Preferred experience as an APRN or FNP.
- Current Nebraska Driver’s License.
- Ability to speak Spanish is highly desired.
- Ability to work with an interpreter or language service line if the need arises is required.
Bi-lingual and bi-cultural awareness of the needs of our uninsured clients, otherwise, willingness to be trained in Cultural Competence.
- Strong time management.
- Ability to work in a team-based setting.
- Understanding and awareness of diverse cultures.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with clinical and administrative staff and peers.
- Knowledge and experience in the electronic medical records arena.