Why Good Neighbor?
Good Neighbor employees are proud knowing that they are making a difference to the thousands of underserved patients who depend on Good Neighbor to be their primary healthcare providers. Together, in 2020, Good Neighbor clinics in Columbus and Fremont provided health care services to over 10,000 people from 45 zip codes.
Whether your job is scheduling appointments, providing clinical care, driving patients to and from appointments, or helping someone navigate the ins and outs of the healthcare marketplace, at Good Neighbor, your work matters!
Our Medical, Dental, and Behavioral Health clinics strive each day to offer every patient an experience that is patient-centered, culturally competent, and respectful. We use the diverse strengths and experience of our workforce team to provide the excellent patient care our patients expect and deserve.
Working at Good Neighbor provides the benefit of knowing you made a difference to someone everyday.
But our benefits don't stop there.
In addition to a competitive salary, employees who work a minimum of 30 hours a week are eligible for benefits. Coverage begins on the first of the month after their hire date.
Our current job openings are listed below. You can also access our easy Application for Employment.
Help make a difference in the life and health of your community! Come join our team!
We are a qualifying employer for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness program. Learn more here.
Medical Office Specialist
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Answer incoming calls, answering and transferring phone calls as required.
- Schedule new and follow-up appointments.
- Greet and check in patients in a courteous and friendly manner, verify and update necessary information in the medical record.
- Collect co-pay and/or payment at time of service as required.
- Establish agreed upon payment plans that meet policy requirements.
- Maintain knowledge or experience in billing and insurance principles.
- Prepare for patient visit, checking vitals, patient histories, rooming & discharging patients as necessary.
- Assist Billing staff as requested with patient files.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Basic computer and data entry skills required.
- Ability to handle cash and to count money at high volumes including mathematical computations.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology and insurance billing preferred.
- Previous experience working in a hospital, clinic or physician’s office preferred.
- Knowledge of Patient Centered Medical Home & Meaningful Use.