We are a qualifying employer for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness program. Learn more here.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conduct public education activities to raise awareness about the Exchange
- Provide application assistance and facilitate enrollment of eligible patients and community members in health insurance programs, Medicaid, and CHIP.
- Facilitate the selection of a Qualified Health Plan
- Maintain knowledge and expertise in eligibility, enrollment, and program specifications of the Federal Marketplace and other health coverage programs such as Medicaid and CHIP.
- Work to continually build new relationships and maintain existing ones with current and future community entities that are providing services to consumers to promote health insurance coverage through the Federal Marketplace, Medicaid, and or CHIP.
- Provide referrals for consumers (patients) with questions, complaints, or grievances to any applicable office of health insurance consumer assistance or health insurance ombudsman, or any other appropriate state agency or agencies. This includes assisting consumers (patients) with marketplace decision appeals.
- Participate in regularly scheduled conference calls, meetings, and trainings in order to provide accurate, quality services. This includes participation in the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) trainings and other required training to complete and maintain Navigator certification and to enhance outreach and enrollment expertise.
- Provide data and other information necessary for CMS and other reporting requirements.
- Ensure the protection, data-sharing consent, and security of a consumer’s personal, confidential and identifiable information in a professional and responsible manner and carry out all measures to prevent from unauthorized disclosures.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Administration, Public Health, Communications, Social Work or closely related field with knowledge of health care project management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Highly detail oriented and organized work
- Demonstrate skill initiating, organizing and completing tasks with moderate to minimal supervision
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of management and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving and results
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of a variety of federal, state and local resources, programs and services involved with Outreach and Enrollment initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to use intermediate functions and features of the MS Office suite including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database applications
- Ability to work well with individuals of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, and intellectual backgrounds
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong communication skills
- Previous experience working in a related field with knowledge of health care project.
- Bi-lingual preferred.