We are a qualifying employer for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness program. Learn more here.
Outreach and Enrollment Specialist/Certified Application Counselor
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Educate and inform individuals about the availability of the Marketplace Exchanges and the Nebraska Medicaid Program.
- Assist and assess uninsured individuals for eligibility in the Marketplace Exchanges and the Nebraska Medicaid Program and assist them in completing the appropriate application.
- Provide information to patients/clients about existing health insurance brokers and other health insurance resources as needed.
- Provide education via community presentations and coordinate with other ECDHD/GNCHC programs and outside agencies to recruit potential enrollees.
- Follow up with potential enrollees and applicants to ensure program enrollment.
- Provide monthly reports regarding application and enrollment statistics.
- Initiate contact with uninsured individuals through outreach activities to community agencies, community gatherings, neighborhoods and other appropriate venues.
- Travel throughout the service area to provide outreach to community members.
- Participate in required state and federal trainings related to the Marketplace Exchanges and Nebraska Medicaid Program.
- Maintain confidentiality of client information and provide a supportive and understanding environment for all patient/client interactions.
- Supervise Certified Application Counselors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelors Degree preferred.
Previous experience working with Nebraska Medicaid.