Good Neighbor Community Health Center (Columbus) and GN Fremont are primary health care clinics that offer a wide variety of services, including family and general practice medicine, pediatrics, OB/GYN care, dentistry and behavioral health. We are located together to better serve our patients, offering them a "one-stop shop" for their healthcare needs. Good Neighbor Community Health Center and Good Neighbor Fremont are both federally qualified community health centers (FQHC). FQHC is a federal designation given by the Bureau of Primary Health Care at the federal Department of Health and Human Services. FQHCs are located in, or serve, a federally designated medically underserved area/population. In 2020, Good Neighbor Community Health Centers cared for 10,978 patients from more than 45 zip codes.
Good Neighbor Community Health Center and Good Neighbor Fremont employ a variety of clinicians, nurses and other staff to provide high-quality, patient-centered care to under-served individuals and families in our cross-cultural, primary care settings. Bilingual language skills (English/Spanish) are a plus.
In addition to a competitive salary, employees who work a minimum of 30 hours a week are eligible for benefits. Coverage begins on the first of the month after their hire date.
Our current job openings are listed below. You can also find a summary of benefits, and access our easy Application for Employment.
Help make a difference in the life and health of your community! Come join our team!
X Ray and Lab Technician Lead
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepare patients for radiologic procedures.
- Protect patient, self, and other staff from radiation hazards.
- Take X-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety, which includes setting up and operating radiographic equipment used in the medical diagnosis and/or treatment of patients and include implementing infection control procedures for the work area.
- Select proper ionizing factors for radiological diagnosis. Adjust/set radiographic controls.
- Position patients and takes X-rays of specific parts of the patient’s body as requested by physicians.
- Develop and process radiological film. Check X-rays for clarity of image, retaking when needed.
- Distribute X-rays to appropriate medical staff.
- Maintain required records including patient records, daily log books, and monthly reports.
- Perform quantity and quality control checks to assure equipment meets standards required by laws, rules, and departmental policies.
- Comply with safety standards.
- Clean, maintain, and make minor adjustments to radiographic equipment, including determining equipment repairs.
- Maintain radiographic supplies, film, and order as necessary.
- Demonstrate competency in phlebotomy techniques.
- Properly prepares specimens for reference lab send-outs.
- Collect and process specimens in a laboratory setting for routine test and diagnostic purposes.
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment.
- Maintain supply order list for radiology and laboratory.
- Oversee and assess competency for additional department personnel as necessary.
- Supervises the day-to-day operations of the x-ray and lab department
- Coach and assist team member with x-ray and lab techniques to ensure team members demonstrate good techniques
- Responsible for employee performance management by completing performance appraisals and setting individual goals as outlined in policies and procedures.
- Advise direct reports in the interpretation of policies and ensure organizational policies and procedures are followed.
- Effectively lead and develop a team of employees including hiring, training, and development.
- Perform monthly audits of personnel’s productivity and ensures quality of defined standards. Complies audit results and findings, track trends and communicate findings with the leadership team.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree in radiological technology from accredited X-ray technician program or Limited Radiography Certificate.
- Current Nebraska Radiographer License.
- Knowledge of X-ray procedure and protocol.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology necessary to perform X-ray testing including body mechanics and patient movement.
- Knowledge of radiology equipment including safety hazards common to radiology.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- 3-5 years of supervisor experience.
- 1-2 years of radiology experience preferred.
- Knowledge of phlebotomy techniques.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of universal precaution procedures in medical safety practices.
- Previous experience working in a hospital, clinic or physician’s office preferred.
This position supervises the X-ray and Lab technicians.