We are a qualifying employer for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness program. Learn more here.
Clinic Nurse--URGENTLY HIRING
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Obtain and document health history, information on chief complaint, vital signs, and medication management, refills and patient assistance program.
- Provide patient care based on practice guidelines, standards of care, and federal/state laws and regulations.
- Execute prescribed treatments and medical interventions, administers prescribed medications, and monitors and documents treatment progress and patient response.
- Delegate as allowed under the Nurse Practice Act. Refers to/consults with physicians, other health providers, and community resources to prevent/resolve problems or concerns.
- Document patient assessment and intervention data using established medical record forms/automated systems and documentation practices.
- Maintain/reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent information. Posts tests and examination results.
- Respond to/refers incoming patient treatment-related phone calls.
- Assist with the facilitation and integration of care between health care resources ordered by the medical provider.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the inventory of sample medications, including the log entries and dispensing controls.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Completion of nursing training from an accredited school of nursing required.
- Current State of Nebraska RN or LPN Licensure.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS).
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory, regulations and practices to give and evaluate patient care.
- Knowledge of chart/medical record documentation requirements and federal/state laws related to release of health care information.
- Ability to calculate and administer drug dosages and injections and measure results.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to work well with individuals of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, and intellectual backgrounds.
- Previous experience working in a hospital, clinic or physician’s office preferred.
- Ability to initiate appropriate crisis interventions and emergency response.
- Ability to successfully triage patient in person and on the phone.
- Bi-lingual preferred.