Good Neighbor Community Health Center (Columbus) and GN Fremont are primary health care clinics that offer a wide variety of services, including family and general practice medicine, pediatrics, OB/GYN care, dentistry and behavioral health. We are located together to better serve our patients, offering them a "one-stop shop" for their healthcare needs. Good Neighbor Community Health Center and Good Neighbor Fremont are both federally qualified community health centers (FQHC). FQHC is a federal designation given by the Bureau of Primary Health Care at the federal Department of Health and Human Services. FQHCs are located in, or serve, a federally designated medically underserved area/population. In 2020, Good Neighbor Community Health Centers cared for 10,978 patients from more than 45 zip codes.
Good Neighbor Community Health Center and Good Neighbor Fremont employ a variety of clinicians, nurses and other staff to provide high-quality, patient-centered care to under-served individuals and families in our cross-cultural, primary care settings. Bilingual language skills (English/Spanish) are a plus.
In addition to a competitive salary, employees who work a minimum of 30 hours a week are eligible for benefits. Coverage begins on the first of the month after their hire date.
Our current job openings are listed below. You can also find a summary of benefits, and access our easy Application for Employment.
Help make a difference in the life and health of your community! Come join our team!
Facility Maintenance Specialist
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Perform basic repair and preventative maintenance where necessary to keep facility functioning and in safe condition.
2. Conduct routine inspections of the facility and grounds to address areas of concern.
3. Keep building and property in clean and orderly condition. Work with supervisor and other staff to address areas that need additional attention.
4. Perform the following task as needed:
a. Monitor HVAC, Building security systems, Generator for ongoing maintenance needs.
b. Change HVAC filters per manufactures recommendations, regularly schedule other maintenance as needed.
c. Change light bulbs, interior and exterior
d. Complete ongoing testing of Generators and other systems such as fire alarms. Maintain required documentation and records as required by accrediting agencies.
e. Work with contracted companies to complete regular tasks such as mowing, snow removal etc.
f. Assure regular maintenance and repair of agency vehicles.
5. Assemble, disassemble or move office furniture as needed.
6. Responsible for maintenance and repair of small engines both gas and diesel equipment.
7. Perform landscaping duties as assigned, using materials appropriately for the project.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
· Ability to maintain an unrestricted driver license with the State of Nebraska.
· Ability to lift 50 pounds to shoulder height.
· Ability to stand, walk, or bend for over 2/3 of the work shift.
· Knowledge of method, material, equipment, and tools used in maintenance and repair functions.
· Ability to identify a driving hazard, process it, and make a sound decision and react appropriately to each situation.
· Operate Agency van with automatic transmission.
· Ability to complete basic vehicle maintenance.
· Ability to work well with individuals of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, and intellectual backgrounds.
· Basic computer skills required to record work hours and maintain passenger log.
· Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and perform maintenance and repair needs.
· Previous maintenance experience preferred.
· Bi-lingual preferred.