Good Neighbor Community Health Center (Columbus) and GN Fremont are primary health care clinics that offer a wide variety of services, including family and general practice medicine, pediatrics, OB/GYN care, dentistry and behavioral health. We are located together to better serve our patients, offering them a "one-stop shop" for their healthcare needs. Good Neighbor Community Health Center and Good Neighbor Fremont are both federally qualified community health centers (FQHC). FQHC is a federal designation given by the Bureau of Primary Health Care at the federal Department of Health and Human Services. FQHCs are located in, or serve, a federally designated medically underserved area/population. In 2020, Good Neighbor Community Health Centers cared for 10,978 patients from more than 45 zip codes.
Good Neighbor Community Health Center and Good Neighbor Fremont employ a variety of clinicians, nurses and other staff to provide high-quality, patient-centered care to under-served individuals and families in our cross-cultural, primary care settings. Bilingual language skills (English/Spanish) are a plus.
In addition to a competitive salary, employees who work a minimum of 30 hours a week are eligible for benefits. Coverage begins on the first of the month after their hire date.
Our current job openings are listed below. You can also find a summary of benefits, and access our easy Application for Employment.
Help make a difference in the life and health of your community! Come join our team!
Medical Office Specialist
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Answer incoming calls, answering and transferring phone calls as required.
2. Schedule new and follow-up appointments.
3. Greet and check in patients in a courteous and friendly manner, verify and update necessary information in the medical record.
4. Collect co-pay and/or payment at time of service as required.
5. Establish agreed upon payment plans that meet policy requirements.
6. Maintain knowledge or experience in billing and insurance principles.
7. Prepare for patient visit, checking vitals, patient histories, rooming & discharging patients as necessary.
8. Assist Billing staff as requested with patient files.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
· Basic computer and data entry skills required.
· Ability to handle cash and to count money at high volumes including mathematical computations.
· Effective oral and written communication skills.
· Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
· Knowledge of basic medical terminology and insurance billing preferred.
· Previous experience working in a hospital, clinic or physician’s office preferred.
· Knowledge of Patient Centered Medical Home & Meaningful Use.