Good Neighbor Community Health Center is proud to be co-located and affiliated with East Central District Health Department (ECDHD) in Columbus. ECDHD is a state-approved district health department that provides public health services to a four-county service area: Boone, Colfax, Nance and Platte. ECDHD works with community partners and coalitions and offers a wide variety of programs to help live out its mission and vision, including:
- Disease Surveillance.
- Public Health Emergency Preparedness. East-Central District Health Department works closely with federal, state and local officials to gather and share information about health emergencies that affect its' four-county region. Information, updates, and resources can be found here and on their website, http://https://ecdhd.ne.gov/public-health-emergencies/public-health.html
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC). The Women, Infants and Children program, commonly known as WIC, provides nutrition education, health care access and nutritious foods to supplement diets for low-income women, infants and children up to the age of five, who are at a nutrition risk.
- Early Development Network (EDN). The Early Development Network provides early intervention services for families with children birth to age three with developmental delays and/or health care needs.
- Breastfeeding support (WIC)
- Immunizations for children and adults.
- Substance Abuse Prevention programs.
- Outreach and Enrollment. ECDHD can help you enroll in the Health Insurance Marketplace, also known as the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Community Health Hubs. Through their CHH programs, ECDHD offers screenings for colorectal cancer, breast cancer and Living Well, a 6wk. workshop for taking control of your health.
- Substance abuse prevention programming and information.