East Central District Health Department is a state-approved district health department that provides public health services to a four-county service area: Boone, Colfax, Nance and Platte. We work with community partners and coalitions and offer a wide variety of programs to help live out our mission and vision, including
- Disease Surveillance.
- Public Health Emergency Preparedness. East-Central District Health Department works closely with federal, state and local officials to gather and share information about health emergencies that affect our region. Information, updates, and resources can be found here and on our website, http://https://ecdhd.ne.gov/public-health-emergencies/public-health.html
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC). The Women, Infants and Children program, commonly known as WIC, provides nutrition education, health care access and nutritious foods to supplement diets for low-income women, infants and children up to the age of five, who are at a nutrition risk.
- Early Development Network (EDN). The Early Development Network provides early intervention services for families with children birth to age three with developmental delays and/or health care needs.
- Breastfeeding support.
- Immunizations for children and adults.
- Substance Abuse Prevention programs.
- Outreach and Enrollment. We can help you enroll in the Health Insurance Marketplace, also known as the Affordable Care Act (ACA).