We are a qualifying employer for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness program. Learn more here.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide primary care services to patients.
- Perform initial examinations, including obtaining, recording and evaluating health and psychosocial history.
- Perform appropriate health assessment procedures including, but not limited to evaluation of the heart, lungs, thyroid, abdomen, and breast.
- Assess and address the patients’ health care concerns and needs.
- Orders and administers diagnostic tests as needed and appropriate.
- Communicates results of diagnostic tests to patients and their families appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Instructs clients in the use of all medication and/or treatments including safety, effectiveness, possible side effects, complications, danger signs, etc.
- Follow clinical policy and protocols for the performance of activities related to initiation or modification of medical therapeutic regime.
- Provide counseling, teaching, instruction and/or appropriate referrals to patients about health care needs.
- Assures complete and accurate documentation and review of patient records in a timely manner to assure quality of care.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient information.
- Conduct/participate in medical education sessions for professional, community, and client groups as requested.
- Participate as requested in Quality Assurance/Improvement initiatives, and administrative processes.
- Maintain professional expertise through continuing education as required by state licensure board.
- Keep abreast of new information and materials by reviewing clearinghouse information, newsletters, and periodicals.
- Follows all federal, state, and nursing guidelines, regulations and standards and adhere to the minimum guidelines for federally funded programs including expectations for patient access and quality initiatives.
- Works collaboratively with other providers to assure access and coverage for the clinic’s patients.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Masters Degree from an accredited school of Advanced Nursing Practice.
- Must adhere to Advanced Nursing Practice Code of Ethics.
- Clear and unrestricted State of Nebraska APRN License required.
- DEA license required
- Active NPI required
Experience in the field of nursing required. Preferred experience as an APRN or FNP.
- Current Nebraska Driver’s License.
- Ability to speak Spanish is highly desired.
- Ability to work with an interpreter or language service line if the need arises is required.
Bi-lingual and bi-cultural awareness of the needs of our uninsured clients, otherwise, willingness to be trained in Cultural Competence.
- Strong time management.
- Ability to work in a team-based setting.
- Understanding and awareness of diverse cultures.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with clinical and administrative staff and peers.
- Knowledge and experience in the electronic medical records arena.