We are a qualifying employer for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness program. Learn more here.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform oral prophylaxis and/ or root planning to dentition via supra and sub gingival scaling using hand and/ or ultrasonic instruments, coronal polishing (as needed), and head/neck/oral cancer screenings.
- Assists in copying, filing, faxing, updating pre-authorizations and plans as well as other projects related to administrative support.
- Applies sealants, SDF, fluoride varnish, or other chemotherapeutic agents in collaboration and as prescribed by dentist.
- Expose radiographs in collaboration and as prescribed by the dentist.
- Performs periodontal assessment, caries assessment, and all required/ appropriate document charting while collaborating with the dentist.
- Monitor Nitrous Oxide.
- Assist the dentist and/ or other team members when necessary or as time permits.
- Clean and stock operatory and maintain equipment as needed.
- Provide oral health (and systemic health correlation) education, explain treatment plans, and treatment options to patient.
- Reviews patient health history and takes blood pressure and pulse vitals.
- Practices universal precautions and other sterilization and infection control procedures.
- Provide information to callers regarding patient care as directed by dentist.
- Other duties as assigned.
Graduate of an accredited school of Dental Hygiene.
- Current Nebraska Dental Hygienist license.
- Current local anesthetic certification.
- Basic Life Support certification.
- Ability to work well with individuals of diverse socioeconomic, cultural and intellectual backgrounds.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Bi-lingual or ability to work with an interpreter if the need arises.
- Proven experience as Dental Hygienist or similar role.
- Experience in preparing and maintaining dental equipment.