We are a qualifying employer for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness program. Learn more here.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist the provider by facilitating patient and information flow through numerous phases of the patient visit.
- Review daily schedule and prepare EHR; promote
- Greet and escort patient to exam room in a professional and confidential manner.
- Obtain purpose of visit, vital signs (blood pressure, pulse, temperature, measurements) and document information accurately into the EHR.
- Inform provider of abnormal reading or significant deviation from prior visits, if appropriate.
- Perform routine procedures per Provider’s order (EKG, PPD reading, ear lavage, peak flow, vision screening, audiometry, etc.).
- Administer immunizations and injections under direct supervision of a RN or Provider.
- Clean exam rooms after each patient visit.
- Assist with scheduling of follow-up procedures or necessary referrals.
- Maintain patient care equipment and notify supervisor of repair requirement.
- Perform all other tasks as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Certified Medication Aide License.
- Basic Life Support certification.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to work well with individuals of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, and intellectual backgrounds.
- Phlebotomy certification or previous medical assistant experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of universal precaution procedures in medical safety practices.
- Previous experience working in a hospital, clinic or physician’s office preferred.
- Bi-lingual preferred.