We are a qualifying employer for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness program. Learn more here.
Front Desk Receptionist
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Answer incoming calls, answering and transferring phone calls as required.
- Schedule new and follow-up appointments.
- Greet and check in patients in a courteous and friendly manner, verify and update necessary information in the medical record.
- Collect co-pay and/or payment at time of service as required.
- Establish agreed upon payment plans that meet policy requirements.
- Maintain knowledge or experience in billing and insurance principles.
- Prepare for patient visit, checking vitals, patient histories, rooming & discharging patients as necessary.
- Assist Billing staff as requested with patient files.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Basic computer and data entry skills required.
- Ability to handle cash and to count money at high volumes including mathematical computations.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology and insurance billing preferred.
- Previous experience working in a hospital, clinic or physician’s office preferred.
- Knowledge of Patient Centered Medical Home & Meaningful Use.