Good Neighbor Community Health Center (Columbus) and GN Fremont are primary health care clinics that offer a wide variety of services, including family and general practice medicine, pediatrics, OB/GYN care, dentistry and behavioral health. We are located together to better serve our patients, offering them a "one-stop shop" for their healthcare needs. Good Neighbor Community Health Center and Good Neighbor Fremont are both federally qualified community health centers (FQHC). FQHC is a federal designation given by the Bureau of Primary Health Care at the federal Department of Health and Human Services. FQHCs are located in, or serve, a federally designated medically underserved area/population. In 2020, Good Neighbor Community Health Centers cared for 10,978 patients from more than 45 zip codes.
Good Neighbor Community Health Center and Good Neighbor Fremont employ a variety of clinicians, nurses and other staff to provide high-quality, patient-centered care to under-served individuals and families in our cross-cultural, primary care settings. Bilingual language skills (English/Spanish) are a plus.
In addition to a competitive salary, employees who work a minimum of 30 hours a week are eligible for benefits. Coverage begins on the first of the month after their hire date.
Our current job openings are listed below. You can also find a summary of benefits, and access our easy Application for Employment.
Help make a difference in the life and health of your community! Come join our team!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Conduct public education activities to raise awareness about the Exchange
2. Provide application assistance and facilitate enrollment of eligible patients and community members in health insurance programs, Medicaid, and CHIP.
3. Facilitate the selection of a Qualified Health Plan
4. Maintain knowledge and expertise in eligibility, enrollment, and program specifications of the Federal Marketplace and other health coverage programs such as Medicaid and CHIP.
5. Work to continually build new relationships and maintain existing ones with current and future community entities that are providing services to consumers to promote health insurance coverage through the Federal Marketplace, Medicaid, and or CHIP.
6. Provide referrals for consumers (patients) with questions, complaints, or grievances to any applicable office of health insurance consumer assistance or health insurance ombudsman, or any other appropriate state agency or agencies. This includes assisting consumers (patients) with marketplace decision appeals.
7. Participate in regularly scheduled conference calls, meetings, and trainings in order to provide accurate, quality services. This includes participation in the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) trainings and other required training to complete and maintain Navigator certification and to enhance outreach and enrollment expertise.
8. Provide data and other information necessary for CMS and other reporting requirements.
9. Ensure the protection, data-sharing consent, and security of a consumer’s personal, confidential and identifiable information in a professional and responsible manner and carry out all measures to prevent from unauthorized disclosures.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Administration, Public Health, Communications, Social Work or closely related field with knowledge of health care project management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Highly detail oriented and organized work
· Demonstrate skill initiating, organizing and completing tasks with moderate to minimal supervision
· Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of management and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving and results
· Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of a variety of federal, state and local resources, programs and services involved with Outreach and Enrollment initiatives
· Demonstrated ability to use intermediate functions and features of the MS Office suite including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database applications
· Ability to work well with individuals of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, and intellectual backgrounds
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Strong communication skills
· Previous experience working in a related field with knowledge of health care project.
· Bi-lingual preferred.
This position does not have any direct reports.